Position: Media Partnerships Internship
Location: New York City – 10017
Start Date: June 1, 2020
End Date: August 7, 2020
THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP
The Media Team is responsible for conducting the Ad Council’s outreach to more than 300 U.S. media companies at the corporate level, across all platforms, promoting our 40+ national public service campaigns. To best serve our campaigns and our media partners, it is important for Team Media interns to have a deep interest in understanding all media platforms (digital, streaming TV and audio, video, radio, out-of-home, magazines, newspapers, mobile and more), new media platforms, and new advertising experiences.
In addition to securing inventory on behalf of our public service ad (PSA) campaigns, Team Media works to develop strategic partnerships with media companies on behalf of our social causes. Partnerships are an essential part of our evolving media model, because in addition to donated media, partnerships generate earned media (PR), shared media (social media), and owned media (visits to campaign websites).
To learn about various aspects of media, interns are fully integrated into Team Media by engaging with each functional area of the team – Partnerships, Major Accounts, Digital Operations & Managed Platforms, Strategy & Outreach and Emerging & Managed Platforms.
**Please include a cover letter with your resume. Applications without cover letters will not be considered**
- Participate in partnership kick-off calls, related meetings and help project manage as needed. Take notes during calls, recap meetings, help with follow-up, routing partnership materials, etc.
- Participate in prospecting new media partners for the Ad Council
- Strategize and help implement 3Q Media Advisory Council meeting
- Assist Media Partnerships team in summer project to evaluate ROI and effectiveness of recent partnerships to recommend which accounts drive most impact
- Attend routine statuses and media client meetings, including presentations, taking notes and assisting with follow up as needed.
- Assist in prepping for and participating in 3Q strategic Quarterly Planning.
- Assist with researching donated media support and year over year growth for major accounts.
- Participate in learning about and providing support as needed on managed platforms and digital operations.
- Collaborate with Ad Council interns to identify the next pressing social issue to become an Ad Council campaign. The intern team will work through the end of the summer program to research, develop and present a campaign proposal to the Ad Council staff.
- Undergraduate-level college student with a concentration in advertising, marketing, or communications preferred.
- Strong interest in social causes, volunteer work, and a passion for creating positive change
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and comfortable learning the basics of new software platforms including Salesforce and Tableau.
- Team player and independent worker.
About the Ad Council:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create changed around the most critical social issues facing our country. The Ad Council initiates, produces and activates communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We produce content that ignites new ideas, increases the health, education, and safety of our nation, and literally saves lives.
We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, “Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk” and the viral campaign “Love Has No Labels” that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit organizations, government agencies, corporate brands and media companies to develop over 40 national social good campaigns each year including Suicide Prevention, Gun Safety, Bullying Prevention, STEM for Girls, Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention.
The Ad Council team uses all the tools in communications arsenal including developing PSAs and social media content, engaging talent, gaming, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing, and creating chat bots, digital and live events to raise awareness around social causes. We also have the opportunity to work with our Board of Director companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Google/YouTube, Vice and R/GA to leverage the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social impact.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to re-imagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
Fax (212) 922-1676 or
US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017